Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Tongue’s Twisted Ways...

A Tongue's Twisted Ways...

....Life is about many things, two of which includes living and learning. One excellent strategy I've noticed from Life...Life doesn't reveal what you know, but what you DON'T know. And more and more, day by day, I'm learning that I don't know ANYTHING! Everything I thought I knew, I really don't know. So, I'm sitting here like a sitting duck, twilling my thumbs, shutting up. I am DONE. Simply done.


James 3:7-8 (NLT)

"People can tame all kinds of animals and birds and reptiles and fish, but no one can tame the tongue. It is an uncontrollable evil, full of poison."

Of course, I recommend you go back and read the whole chapter in context to gain a full understanding. But, for now...I'm done. I don't even know why people even come to me with questions, because I have to be honest, I'm still trying to figure this thang out myself. I'm young, too. I know I act like I'm 55, but I'm still only 25. So, what do I know?

I'm not the type to go out and recklessly cuss out everyone I despise. No...that's too much work. I rather look at you like you're crazy and walk away. Not even give it a second thought. Over the years, I trained my mind to quickly grasp what I need to learn or gain from an experience, then move on to the next. I know I'm flawed. Call it impersonal. Call it insincere...and it may be. It really could be. But, I call it being time efficient. Life is way too short to dwell on what has past. ...but, all this is just my opinion. Not a fact. So, with this type of mentality, I become somewhat impatient and lack an understanding when people take longer than what I think is usual for someone to move on. And I will admit... that is wrong on my part.

Anyway... this is just a rant. All in all, I'm just trying to say, I think it's best for me to be silent. Even when you have good intentions, wrong choice of words can slip out and hurt someone. Words can deliver blows harder than a fist ever could.

Now that is off my chest. I'm going to put some duct tape over my mouth, poke a hole in the middle so I can fit a straw through, and sip on some orange juice and read a book.

Log out...

No comments: