Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Fight is Beyond Me...

The Fight is Beyond Me...


I thank God for another day
I must die daily
In order to see the next day

I'm still in training
to be the man I must be
I still make mistakes
please forgive me, I mean no wrong

I keep dreaming...
I keep fighting...
Look into my soul, you can see my battle wounds
they consume my body like tattoos
every time I want to give up, I think of you
because I know you gain your strength from me
I cannot give in to Defeat like the other fallen Dreamers
My Dream is beyond me now and it must be completed.

Doubt and Fear steadily try to get the best of me
They are great enemies that I must face daily.

I fight for you and others I never even seen
But I know they can see me
I am being watched as this battle continues
as I pick up my sword
I wield with all my might
I must FIGHT
I MUST SHINE THE LIGHT!
that was placed in me.

Many want to be a leader
but very few want the responsibility

There's no rest in this world
I am drained...
and I continue on.
I fight for you, I fight for my fellow Dreamers that look up to me...
Your words, your hugs, your eyes...
they give me strength
they make me smile.

when I look into your eyes...
I want to tell you how much I love you.
But it's not the time for such words now.
I still have battles to fight.
All I can do right now is smile, and speak without words.
Deep down, you know I have something to say.
You can feel it. You know me so well.
But you let me go.
You trust my judgment.

My armor is strapped.
My sword is in hand.
We pray...
You kiss me...

I must be on my way.
I must return to the battlefield.
Until I return home again...
Sweet dreams...

No comments: