Saturday, December 29, 2007

Excerpt of a Conversation…

Excerpt of a Conversation…

The queen spoke, "Question."

"Yes?"

"Why do you think I'm the One?"

I paused for a moment, thinking thoroughly before speaking. Then, I walked directly to her and looked into her eyes.

"Because whenever I say your name when you're not around… I glow.
My eyes light up.
My feet float.
My tongue only speaks praises…

Look…I don't know what the future holds.
I have no expectations, because I don't know what to expect.
I just want to be next to you. "

And I continued, "A wise teacher once said, 'She is clothed with strength and dignity and she laughs with no fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule when she gives instructions.' And I think I finally found that."

(Her silence said enough. I couldn't help but to smile.)

"Good day, Queen."

I walked away…

No comments: