Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Battle Within

The Battle Within

I'm knee-deep in thoughts I can't explain

Whoever said life is stranger than fiction

Now, I understand

I'm experiencing feelings I rarely felt before

I think I'm falling in love, but I'm not really sure

My head is a wreck because I don't know which road to go

What society deems right, doesn't feel so right anymore

I'm telling and begging my heart that she isn't the one.

But these feelings I cannot avoid

These feelings I cannot ignore

So, what the heck should I do?

When I dream, all I see is me and you

Is it possible for us to love each other?

We're the same yet we're opposite

We're live in two different worlds

So I keep these feelings on a short, tight lease

But the more I tug, the more these feelings act like a beast

How long can I keep this up?

How long can I keep these feelings down?

My feelings are way too deep

It may be too late to turn around

As I keep pushing forward

The tunnel is looking dark

I don't know where I'm going

I don't know where we are

All I know, is these feelings are for you

If your heart can hear me, blow me a kiss or two

Of all the confusion, I know a few things are true

(singing)

That the stars in your eyes, lights up my sky

Your southern accent carries like the sweetest lullaby

So strong, yet so soft

The perfect companion by my side

You are my queen…

These feelings for you that I carry are heavy

But I don't mind

For I know that all great things take time

We'll meet eye to eye in God's appropriate time…

No comments: