Thursday, February 25, 2010

FIGHTERS Preview: The Calm before the Storm...

The title entry is tentative... I have no idea what to name this.

In less than 72 hours...my life, my career will change once again. I am nervous, I am calm, I am confident, I am anxious.

When I came up with the concept FIGHTERS, it was an idea...an emotion, something I was feeling. It was an attitude that I had towards life. But now that this project is about to come to life, everything's changed. This project has become bigger than me and the rest of the COOL. It is so much more now. In the words of my brother Jeremy, "HISTORY will be made. This will be a day to remember." ....at the time he said it, I laughed. But as time went by, I realized he is right.

The past week or so been crazy as hell for me. Between my regular bookings and sub-contract work, I hardly had any time to buckle down and focus in on my project until now. The overall concept may seem quite simple, but this project involves a lot of risks, lots of logistical planning and organization and just being prepared for anything.

This project is the beginning of a whole new system. This project will set the tone for the rest of the year. And I got to be ready for anything. I been nervous about everything, analyzing every detail, wondering if I can really pull this off. But this week...has been quite a revelation. Within seven days of a project, I called it PROJECT WEEK. Usually it is the most hectic week narrowing down all the final details. Keeping contact with all the models, making sure they have all the information and documentation they need. Keeping track of the expenses. Shitload of stuff. lol. And for the most part, PROJECT WEEK been pretty normal. The odd part of it this time...I'm cooler about it. I'm calm. I'm not afraid of failure. I just feel like God touched me, gave me signs and even spoke to me through others to let me know..."I gotcha Dreamer. This is the time. This will succeed." And I feel good knowing...He's there with me. He still have big plans for me. And I can't doing nothing but smile and praise him. Though...there's still a lot of things I don't understand. And asking him to lead me every step of the way. Let me know what's going on and what He has planned. Because I have a feeling...this weekend will be a successful one on many levels...

*signing out*

No comments: