Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Thoughts...A Letter.

My thoughts…

I spent many daydreams imagining the “perfect” relationship. My mind used to wander and think of everything down to the finest detail. I used to think of everything from the way she looked, the way we would meet, the whole flow of the relationship. I spent many nights talking to God, excited about the woman He had set aside for me. I believe everyone to some extent fears loneliness. I’m a man of solitude but even I have to admit, I have nights when I crave female companionship. Not just any female, but the one God has set aside for me. During those times, I would talk to God like King David spoke to Him…honestly revealing all my thoughts and feelings I’m going through whether it’s good or bad. Sometimes I even wondered if God was listening to me, laughing at me or even thought my feelings were silly. I mean…it wasn’t like I was praying to be a pimp or a manwhore. I was praying (and still am) for a relationship that I believe God wants for every man and woman to experience. And now…I believe He answered that prayer. Of course, all that I imagined didn’t happen but regardless of the circumstances…we met. I believe He led me to you.

For the past couple of months, I been trying to write and outdo any love poem I wrote in the past. I wanted to write the most beautiful poem you have ever read. I was holding myself to such a high standard, that nothing I wrote was good enough. I just couldn’t do it. So I figured I was trying too hard. I decided to keep it simple and easy to understand, instead of writing the biggest metaphors I wouldn’t even understand.

We have not known each other for very long. Love isn’t a word either of us takes lightly. Love takes time and I believe you understand that. I do believe however that the direction we’re going is leading us to it. I look forward to exploring the depths and experiencing a relationship beyond my wildest dreams. I pray everyday for you, me, this relationship, the future and for the wisdom and guidance to be the man God desires me to be and the man I need to be to ensure this relationship is a success. I have made mistakes in the past I vowed I would never do again. I spent years learning, training for this moment…for you.

I just want you to understand…I been dreaming about you for years. For years…I sat up in my bed, thinking of you. For years, I laid in the grass in the middle of the night wondering what you were doing. Wondering if you were wondering about me. I’m a Dreamer. In a morally dead society, I do believe dreams come true. Many may think I’m foolish, but I believe in true Love. I believe it can be achieved and I hope you do too. During the short time I’ve known you, I enjoyed every bit of you.

You are my Queen. I look at you and see the sexiest being I ever laid eyes on. You’re a down-to-earth, cool, selfless, committed, driven individual. You believe in me and my dreams, and I appreciate that. I don’t take that for granted. You make me smile. I love your laugh. The way you hug me tightly. Your cooking. Your delicious lips…your kiss and so much more.

There’s so much I want to share and want you to understand. You can believe by the time I finish writing this, I would have dissected every word, every line before this reaches your delicate hands. At the end of this, I want you to know that my thoughts of you transcend all languages. No words could ever translate my feelings for you….

1 comment:

Ambitious Gurl said...

i absolutely love this one. It seems so personal and heartfelt. This is definitely a favorite of mine now.