Thursday, January 28, 2010

Love Wanderings

Love Wanderings

"Love isn't about the destination. It is about the journey." -Dreamer

After years of chasing the wind, I think I now understand. More and more as each day goes by, I learn more about my destiny. For the most part, I understand the path I'm on. I understand where the path is going. My life is more career-driven than for personal gain. And while I'm getting adjusted to that, I measure the toll it has on my personal life..the little that I have.

This morning, I was reading 1 Kings. The story marks the ending of King David's reign and the beginning of King Solomon's. Before you're able to take charge of anything, you have to establish your rule. To establish your rule, you have to be familiar with your territory and the people around you. Once you have a grasp of those things, you now have to learn to maintain it. Before King Solomon's story even took off, he had a Dream. God asked him what he wanted. Solomon could've asked for anyone or anything. But I can only imagine he was in so much awe of his surroundings and the responsibility that was placed upon him. Out of EVERYTHING..of ALLLLL the things he could've asked for. ...He asked for wisdom. Wisdom to make the right decisions. Wisdom to govern the people around him. That's heavy...

And for the most part, he ruled very well. He accomplished a lot of things, his father David wasn't able to do. He ended up being one of the wisest kings to ever live. He was also one of the richest and the most powerful kings in his lifetime. He also had 700 wives and 300 concubines. But throughout the Bible...I notice a consistency amongst most of these leaders... social life was a wreck! I think these men suffered a "void" within themselves. Read for yourself.

I've said all that to say...that may be the price I have to pay for success. For anything great comes with a sacrifice. It comes with a cost. And that price may be permanent solitude.

And it goes beyond the Bible. Over 90% of the great leaders and Dreamers that I could think of, faced a harsh reality when they reached their "Love Destination". Even Albert Einstein. Read about his personal life with his wife...it'll definitely show a "human" side of him. My life is still young, so I can't make any conclusive decisions. But more and more... I understand the Apostle Paul and his views:

(1 Corinthians 7:7 and 1 Corinthians 7:30-34)

--------------------------------------
1 Corinthians 7:7 (The Message)

7Sometimes I wish everyone were single like me—a simpler life in many ways! But celibacy is not for everyone any more than marriage is. God gives the gift of the single life to some, the gift of the married life to others.


1 Corinthians 7:30-34 (The Message)

29-31I do want to point out, friends, that time is of the essence. There is no time to waste, so don't complicate your lives unnecessarily. Keep it simple —in marriage, grief, joy, whatever. Even in ordinary things—your daily routines of shopping, and so on. Deal as sparingly as possible with the things the world thrusts on you. This world as you see it is on its way out.

32-35I want you to live as free of complications as possible. When you're unmarried, you're free to concentrate on simply pleasing the Master. Marriage involves you in all the nuts and bolts of domestic life and in wanting to please your spouse, leading to so many more demands on your attention. The time and energy that married people spend on caring for and nurturing each other, the unmarried can spend in becoming whole and holy instruments of God. I'm trying to be helpful and make it as easy as possible for you, not make things harder. All I want is for you to be able to develop a way of life in which you can spend plenty of time together with the Master without a lot of distractions.

--------------------------------

When you knee-deep in your Dreams, and know that these Dreams were instilled in you by God... and you know failure is not an option... I cannot afford any distractions. In fact, you don't want to be distracted at all. Your eyes is on the prize and nothing more. You live it. You breathe it. You love it. You believe in it. And others believe in it. ...you gotta do what you gotta do. Its funny, but there's not really any rest for the Dreamer. Even in my sleep, my thoughts are at work.

But am I so caught up in my work and my destiny that I am inhuman? ...not at all. I may not like being around people that much, but I love being a blessing to others. Especially a blessing to those who can benefit from my God-given gifts. My thought process and actions may be out the ordinary, but my emotions are just like anyone else. I feel anger, sadness, lust, even a glimpse of happiness from time-to-time. Yes...some things makes me smile. Sometimes seeing another person smile, makes me smile. A good compliment can cause me to blush. I have flirtatious ways. At the same time, I been called the "jerk" yet respected for my sincerity. lol. It may not make sense...but this is who I am. This is ME. And I'm learning to enjoy every bit of it.

One of the BEST examples of this LOVE journey is "The Love Below" by Andre 3000. That whole album is about the journey...not the destination. The destination could be the end. But until I know for sure... I will continue to make the best out of this beautiful struggle...

Sweet dreams...

2 comments:

ButterflyRoyal said...

wow....very, very, very intrigued by your writing and its rhythmic flow...very wise, very empowering...very transparent. Very good. I know I told you I was going to bed...but I was sitting here drafting a blog post and came across your blog...;-)

I, too, cherish the "wisdom" lesson in that text.."kingdom mentality"...Remember that wisdom is of no avail unless it is lived out. And wisdom becomes unavailable when it is not lived out.

Look forward to reading more...

Do visit my blog-space sometime....it's worth it.!

Muze said...

beautifully written.

i had no idea of those passages. very interesting. thanks for the learn session.

i too am on a solo-flight to my Dream, and that's okay with me for now. but life without Love is inhuman... so i don't plan on it being forever.

wisdom... that's what wise people always strive for.

nice spot.